Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed Credit Institution which provides Private Banking, Investment Services and Custody/Depository services.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Senior Officer to perform Securities related Regulatory Reporting, including, but not solely restricted to, MiFIR, SFTR, EMIR, CoRep and CSDR Internalised Trades Reporting, as well as any other reports, both external and internal, as required.
The Senior Officer will be responsible for the accurate, daily and timely reporting of the Bank’s regulatory reporting requirements relating to securities transactions, maintain excellent working relationships with service providers and internal stakeholders. In addition, the candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the optimal upkeep of the Bank’s database of securities market-related information, especially those fields which directly impact the Bank’s regulatory reports.
- Draft and Maintain Process Manual in relation to Regulatory Reporting;
- Design new processes if/as required from time to time;
- Critical analysis in the understanding and interpretation of the rules relating to EMIR, EMIR Refit, SFTR and MiFIR;
- Ability to understand the Regulatory Technical Standards, Implementing Technical Standards and map the relevant fields to be reported with the fields available on the Bank’s Core Banking System;
- Independently research regulations/issues/questions from the business to facilitate a resolution and escalate where necessary;
- Liaise with the Bank’s appointed Service Provider for Regulatory Reporting, as applicable;
- Liaise with the Bank’s Business lines whose transactions are being reported;
- Liaise with the Bank’s Compliance team and participate in the compliance review, if and as required;
- Liaise with the Bank’s Operations / IT on all phases of transaction reporting to ensure optimal delivery of change;
- Perform detailed data analysis and back reporting datasets, and identify possible transaction reporting issues;
- Ensure processes are adhered to, and contribute to the improvement in the function’s delivery and productivity;
- Inform the Team of any changes in processes and carry out the necessary training if and as required;
- Assist the Securities & Custody Team with internal and external reporting requirements;
- Develop and maintain a professional dialogue with all Departments;
- Manage and maintain relationships with service providers.
- Be the point of reference of the Bank for the accuracy of securities-related fields;
- Be the point of reference for any of the Security and Custody team’s reporting requirements, for internal and external reporting;
- Oversee the daily process of updating the Bank’s Core Banking System with securities prices;
- Ensure the bank’s Core Banking System’s securities database is continuously updated;
- Maintain excellent working relationship with internal stakeholders;
- Critically analyse and present data to internal stakeholders, if and as required;
- Monitor automated/manual data maintenance processes and contribute to quality improvement regarding quality checks and monitoring processes;
- Follow up with third parties to ensure data accuracy and consistency;
- Monitor and report interface issues;
- Perform periodic data quality checks and validations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A related College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to use automated tools to extract data from primary and/or secondary sources;
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent English oral and written skills;
- Solid data management and governance experience;
- Clear, logical thought process, able to arrive at and make decisions;
- Team player with the ability to work independently and to use own initiative;
- Strong work ethic with focus on adhering to deadlines and objectives;
- Proficient in platforms such as Bloomberg and Refinitiv;
- Demonstrate ability and understand delivery, migration, projects relating to the function.
Extensive on the job training will be provided; personal growth is strongly encouraged. An attractive remuneration package and benefits is offered to the right candidate.Apply Here