Quintet Private Bank is a leading private bank in the wealth management sector; we are committed to our clients and their families, and pride ourselves on our personalized service based on a deep understanding of what clients want to achieve. Compared to others, we are small (<2,000 employees across 50 European and UK locations) with an ambition to stay true to our purpose to be the most trusted fiduciary of family wealth.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Client Lifecycle Management team of Puilaetco. Puilaetco is the Belgian branch of Quintet Private Bank. When you join Quintet you are joining a company that values diversity of background, equal access to opportunities, career development, collaboration and inclusiveness.
We want our employees to feel proud of being part of a company that is committed to do the right thing. You will have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programmes.
As CDD/KYC Analyst, you will be part of the Client Lifecycle Management (CLM) team, a new team that strives for excellence and growth in a dynamic, innovative and caring environment.
You will be presenting Puilaetco as part of an international team. Puilaetco’s local CLM team operates from Brussels and consists of 10+ colleagues.
You will be working with our most complex files. The complexity of our files is not unchartered territory: international complex structures, tax risks and companies’ annual accounts, you know it all.
You will work in close collaboration with Client Advisors, Relationship Managers or Compliance to deliver state-of-the-art Financial Crime Compliance (FCC/AML) reviews.
Are you an expert in special complex (tax) structures?
Do you have a global orientation and an intrinsic motivation to follow current events within the CDD\KYC field?
Can you convert the effects of global CDD related developments to our bank and make recommendations to improve our CLM department?
Are you able to understand and analyse corporate structures, legal opinions and large corporate financial documents?
Do you enjoy both a local and international work environment? Then join us!
- Understanding of the story behind the client(s) and the associated parties for our more complex clients (due to structure, cross-border connection, PEP, PUP)
- Detect the UBO’s and review the organization chart with an in-depth analysis
- Review the identification and verification of the client and associated parties
- Assess and review the source of wealth and source of funds of the prospect or existing client
- Review the historical transactions (KYT) in order to detect any atypical transactions
- Identify the relevant risks (geographic, reputational, activity sector,…), the potential red flags and the mitigation measures
- While analysing the client, manage frequent contact with Client Advisors and Relationship Managers
- Able to detect and escalate any suspicious or non-compliant activity
- Able to draw and present a professional conclusion/recommendation as outcome of the holistic view/analysis
- Understand the overall Financial Crime Compliance framework of the Bank and the role played in the first and second lines of defence
- Provide support to Front staff regarding KYC-relevant topics (content, process and tool) as part of onboarding/prospecting phase or during reviews/events
- You provide relevant inputs and analysis to the Group or Local Client Acceptance Committee (CAC)
- Proactively propose improvements for the KYC process to Compliance
Knowledge And Experience
- Degree in finance, economics, law, or a related field
- About 3 years of prior experience as KYC/CDD analyst, in first or second line of defence with complex structures
- In-depth knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations and guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of Belgian legal forms and structures
- Knowledge of Belgian tax framework
- Knowledge of Tax optimalisation
- General know-how on private banking products and services
Attributes and Qualities
- Strong coaching and presentation skills
- Be a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills with sufficient assertiveness and self-confidence
- Positive mindset
- Analytical skills
- Ability to identify and escalate matters when required
- Knows how to work independently and effectively manage priorities, as well as deadlines
- Committed person with an entrepreneurial mindset and a continuous learning mentality
- Capacity to act in an international Group with varying cultures
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Fluent in French or Dutch and good understanding of the other official language
- Fluent in English