As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a global payments network, Visa maintains a Compliance Program designed to proactively manage legal, regulatory and ethical risks across our business.
These Activities Include The Following Areas
The RCO role is part of the Europe Compliance Team and is responsible for the oversight, support and monitoring of the application of the Compliance Program across the Central Europe (CE) Cluster covering Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland. The position is a critical partner to the business and global and regional subject matter experts, providing pragmatic, professional solution-oriented support to ensure that Visa has effectively executes on its Compliance Program to ensure we meet international standards, the requirements of regulations and laws of Europe and the United States and of the countries in which we operate.
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) / Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF);
- Office of Foreign Assets Controls and other Sanctions;
- Interchange Fee Regulation; and
- Criminal Finances Act
The RCO Also Provides Training In The Following Areas
- Data Privacy;
- Information Security;
- Anti-Trust and Competitive Intelligence; and
- Other specific compliance requirements of regulators who have regulatory authority over our operations in the European Region
Particular Areas Of Focus Include
This position also holds responsibility for ensuring the highest standards of conduct, as set out in Visa’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Business Conduct and Ethics;
- Conflicts of Interest; and
- Prevention of Insider Trading.
Leadership & Responsibilities
- Core Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Compliance Program matters as the primary point of contact for country managers across CE, the Regional Managing Director, the Head of Business Development, support functions and other control functions
- Collaboration with Visa’s Financial Intelligence Analytics Center and the Europe AML team on activities including additional and enhanced due diligence applied to AML/ATF & Sanctions cases, including direct communications and requests for information from clients and partners
- Review of significant business strategies, activities and transactions to ensure alignment with Compliance requirements
- Promote understanding of the Compliance Program and Code providing necessary training and drive effective inclusion of Compliance in business activities and strategies
- Supporting local regulatory requirements
- Collaboration & Communication:
- Communicate openly, and develop strong and effective internal business partnerships and drive regulatory compliance matters by providing accurate and timely advice and counsel
- Leading Compliance training for the CE Cluster tailoring to specific country needs
- Enable and Inspire:
- Ensure understanding of business strategy through ongoing dialogue to identify potential or emerging Compliance risks and proactively address them to avoid unnecessary exposure or delays to implementation of strategic plans
- Excel with Partners:
- Respond to queries and questions on the Compliance Program, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and company Policies from the business, support functions, other control groups
- Provide support to regulators, Clients and partners on the Visa Compliance Program and requirements of Visa Rules
- Act Decisively:
- Execution of due diligence requirements of the Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Program, AML/ATF & Sanctions Programs, including third party due diligence, provision of AML/ATF workshops and education for Clients and on-site Client AML program assessments. The AML/ATF component is a significant portion of the position’s overall responsibilities.
- In conjunction with the Europe Anti-Bribery team, review, assessment and pre-approval of gifts, travel and entertainment, events
- Oversight of other Compliance Programs in the CE Cluster including Business Conduct and Ethics, Conflicts of Interest, Criminal Finance Act and Interchange Fee Regulation in conjunction with Europe and Global teams
- Employee Education:
- Provide effective business education on policy requirements, including delivery of localized training, tailored to specific countries, business and support function needs
- Working on local dashboard of Compliance Program activity, metrics and performance assessment each quarter
- Provide updates to the business leaders and Regional Compliance Leader
- Bachelor’s degree or other higher education qualifications required
- German and English language skills required
- Professional AML/ATF accreditation preferred
- Sound knowledge of AML/ATF, Anti-Bribery and other relevant European laws
- Extensive experience in management of compliance programs and controls (including risk and internal audit functions) within the financial services industry, particularly in payments
- Experience of being a Chief Compliance Officer/Money Laundering Reporting Officer in an EMI or Payments Institution would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of payments industry products, emerging products, regulations and related trends including crypto
- Highly analytical and self-motivated, adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Capable of working collaboratively with employees from all levels within the organization
- Flexible to work in an environment where needs are continually changing
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects in a complex matrix business and operational environments
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge when required
- Ability to multi-task and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills including use of MS Office systems including Word, Access, Visio, Excel (advanced), Power Point, SharePoint and other applications
- Excellent and professional written, presentation and communication skills
Additional Information: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.Apply Here