Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in Guernsey and as such all normal working days must be carried out in Guernsey.Join us as an Onboarding Analyst in Anti-Money Laundering
- Working with a supportive and collaborative team, you’ll be helping us with a range of anti-money laundering (AML) activities
- You’ll be undertaking customer due diligence, investigating queries, supporting business processes and procedures, and understanding the needs of our customers and the business
- This role offers great career development opportunities with relevant training programmes and exposure for you and your work
What you’ll do
Joining a specialist AML team, you’ll be working together to deliver the most successful outcomes for the business and our customers.
You’ll complete customer due diligence and actively manage customer relationships, while accurately collecting all the information needed to do this on time and to a high standard.
As you continue to develop in your role, you’ll support with process training and knowledge sharing across your team, working together towards success.
Day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Completing customer due diligence on a portfolio of customers and providing high levels of customer service
- Accurately investigating your queries, raising with relevant parties, and escalating where needed
- Making sure processing is performed accurately and within an agreed turn-around time
- Participating in initiatives that help improve our customer service, processes and procedures
The skills you’ll need
You’ll bring knowledge and experience of working on AML processes and procedures and awareness of up-to-date AML trends, policies and regulations.You’ll also demonstrate:
- A genuine passion for great customer service
- An understanding of the financial services industry and our customers
- Knowledge of our products, processes and banking systems
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to work accurately and meet deadlines
What else you need to know
- You’ll benefit from flexible working, with a mix of working from home and working in the office to connect and learn with your colleagues
- If you don’t have or don’t want to use your own personal equipment, we’ll provide the equipment and furniture you need to do your job from home
- You can also access a range of kit to ensure you’re comfy at work when working from home
- The starting date for this position will be November 2023
How we’ll reward you
You’ll be joining us on a competitive salary of between £33,745 and £39,700 per year, depending on your experience. You’ll receive a contribution to help you save for retirement too, plus you can choose from a range of protection, healthcare or lifestyle benefits through NatWest Group Benefits, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.Apply Here