About the job
Why apply for this role?
Manager role accountable for supporting the oversight, implementation, and delivery of the strategic Financial Crime specific Regulatory agenda in collaboration with the wider function and relevant business areas, specifically in relation to discharging SMF17 responsibilities.
What you’ll be doing
Assist the senior managers on business management related activities:
- Managing the 2 LOD FC COO requirements for the MLRO
- Supporting the leadership team in the design, plan, and implementation of business strategies
- Defining, planning, and writing communications which compliments the bank wide plans and aligns to the functions business and culture strategy
- Working across the leadership team to embed the strategy and initiatives through an effective multi-channel communication strategy
- Checking and challenging ways of working, looking for improved risk management approaches and oversight, efficiencies, and increased productivity
- Escalating issues (with considered recommendations) to MLRO, as required
What we’re looking for
We are looking for people who can help shape, influence and transform the bank’s capabilities, ensuring we continue to disrupt financial crime, and support and enable the right outcomes for our customers
This role requires:
- Substantial financial crime experience at a Senior engagement level (essential)
- Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework of UK financial services, industry trends and best practice
- Experience of Framework/policy/procedures drafting in a Compliance environment.
- Able to apply commerciality and judgement from a regulatory perspective to internal and market information.
- Excellent analytical, interpretation, influencing and communication skills; with an ability to communicate and network effectively to influence management and external parties.
- Organisation skills and the ability to develop risk management strategies and processes.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
What our people say
Financial Crime has a devastating impact on our communities through its association to illegal drugs, human trafficking and terrorism. Criminals will always look for new ways to evade our systems and controls so we must look to constantly evolve to address new threats that’s why our mission is to Deter, Detect and Disrupt Financial Crimes, ensuring that we protect our clients, our communities, our shareholders and the firm. Financial crime is a top priority risk for our bank.
How we’ll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn’t stop there. You’ll also be part of a vibrant organisation that’s been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don’t just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It’s important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.Apply Here