Sint Michiels Warande 40, 1040 Etterbeek
Possibility of 60 to 80% work from home on the basis of a team agreement.
Bachelor or Master
Period of min. 4 months to max. 12 months with at least 4 days a weekSensitive Function: Yes[PCP Function: Certificate Law Cauwenberghs/ Law Willems/ Law Vande Lanotte] – No[Representation costs: No]
Your role & work environment
Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Governance & Controls Belgium is the second line of defence function supporting ING Belgium, its underlying entities and the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Manager in managing the FCC risks.
The Governance and Controls function includes oversight of 1st line of defence AML related processes & sourced activities, the monitoring of customers’ activities (aka Transaction Monitoring) as well as the investigation of atypical & complex cases regardless of the source of identification (Adverse Media Screening, Transaction Monitoring, Name Screening, …) and the handling of special requests (Police, Prosecutor, FSMA, FIU, …).
The mission of governance and Control team aims to identify and report on emerging threats and risks stemming from known and evolving forms of Financial Economic Crime (FEC), such as money-laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and transnational and organised crime.
The team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job.
Your key responsibilities
The role of the FCC Governance & Controls Risk Intern is critical for the Bank’s defence against money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud.
As an Intern with a strong focus on investigation, you take part in the execution and further development of the anti-money laundering strategy of the Bank by reviewing client’s profile and transactions, reporting unusual transactions, analysing trends and providing input on emerging risk or risk typologies to strengthen the existing risk control framework.
You will be responsible for the following (non-exhaustive) overview of activities:
- Evaluate transactions and customer relationships for money laundering activities, identify red flag issues & potential suspicious activities and perform in dept investigation within the AML framework when needed.
- In addition, assess if there is anything else unusual about a transaction, particularly based on experience of previous transactions
- Effectively communicating with business lines and/or Safe Business Officers to obtain additional information and documentation as needed;
- Preparing suspicious transaction report & suspicious activity report (SAR) Filling
- Maintaining accurate and concise records of all investigations undertaken including details on the rationale for any decisions made;
- Support trends analysis, investigation of complex / special cases (FSMA/NBB requests; request for information from FIU/Police/Prosecutor…);
- Provide input to the creation and maintenance of the procedures and WPI of the team and sourced FCC activities;
- Identify key areas for improvement and provide support and guidance to implement good practice;
- Drive the implementation of automated process, robotics or data analytics techniques
We look for a colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead.
In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.As a FCC Governance & Controls Risk Intern you will also need:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (in Law, Economics, Criminology or Banking and Finance is a plus)
- Be preferably available for a period of min. 4 to max. 12 months, for at least 4 days/week
- Basic to good knowledge and/or a first expertise in the KYC domain and/or AML risk area is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, interest for data (analysis) and the way to process them, as well as a keen eye for detail;
- Basic to good knowledge of SAS/SQL is a plus
- Capacity to understand the main points of risk for the Bank specifically in relation to Customers and transactions and the overall risk tolerance of the Bank;
- Ability to recognise suspicious transactions, investigate risk-based any unusual activity and to prioritise the in-depth reviews;
- Good and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English; French and/or Dutch are beneficial;
- Good knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, knowledge of other software application is a plus
- Being able to quickly integrate new concepts, procedures, modifications in the organisation or methodologies
- Good skill set in the areas of personal effectiveness (i.e. autonomy, team spirit, courage and self-confidence, problem solving & result oriented by delivering as promised within tight deadlines, “hands-on”, good written and oral communication, capable to work in changing circumstances, customer focus and investigative & learning ability)
We offer you –
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours’
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
A hybrid way of working
- We give the autonomy to our employees to let them organise their work in a flexible way that suits best for them while ensuring business continuity, customer service and employee wellbeing.
Within The Compliance Department, You Can Count On a Range Of Opportunities To Invest In Your Personal And Professional Growth With
Fill in the opportunities specific within your department.
- the possibility to collaborate with other departments within the Bank
- the possibility to participate challenging projects
We redefine banking. What about you?We’re on a journey that’s centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!Apply Here