About the role:
Head of Design Expertise (CDD/AML Standards, Framework & Innovation)
Financial Crime prevention within a leading Dutch bank
The mission of our Detecting Financial Crime (DFC) /Customer Due Diligence (CDD) department is to make society safer by detecting criminal money. This is a key part of ABN AMRO’s social responsibility and “license to operate”. DFC stands central in financial crime prevention and brings together all activities related to detecting financial crime (from CDD processes to reporting and governance designs). DFC counts 3,800 colleagues who pool knowledge, expertise and strengths, in order to keep financial crime out of our banking systems and to deal with new technological, societal, financial and regulatory developments.
The Innovation and Design department designs ABN AMRO’s anti-financial crime framework and improves the effectiveness of its execution through strategic innovations, purposeful design and by challenging the status quo. The Innovation & Design department consists four teams:
- DFC Connect
- Data Science Innovation
- Process Design
- Design Expertise
For the Design Expertise team, we are looking for an experienced leader who identifies with our core values: care, courage & collaboration. That is, a talented manager with a proven track record in successfully managing a team of professionals. Someone who has a strategic mindset and that can translate vision to action. An experienced negotiator who realises complex change initiatives with a wide organisation impact.
Design Expertise team
The team you will lead is the expertise centre in the field of financial crime / client integrity. The Design Expertise team translates anti-financial crime regulations and legislation into clear, understandable and practical policies, standards and operating procedures for ABN AMRO groupwide. The team consists of the following subdivisions, in total 30 team members:
- The CDD Cluster
- Designs and implement the global standards CDD, adopts (new) regulations, develops training materials;
- The Program & Solution Squad
- Actively supports in global/ main bank projects to improve effective risk management in line with the standards;
- The RBA, Filtering & Monitoring Cluster
- Designs and implements global standards filtering& monitoring, enables risk mitigation in a risk-based manner, develops and implements advanced analytics.
Head of Design Expertise: inspirational people leader
The head of DFC Design Expertise we are looking for meets the following skillset:
- Strong people leadership and coaching skills. You have a strategic mindset and that can translate vision to action. You can motivate, share and translate your vision to others and thereby you can, inspire and guide the team towards clear priorities and long-term goals;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You connect well with key stakeholders in the three lines of defence. You provide strategic and tactical interpretation of trends and advice to the MT DFC accordingly.
- Innovative & decisive. You initiate and realise innovation. You are the driver of your vision and you encourage change. You are comfortable with work across-departments and will use your influence on effecting change.
As Head of Design Expertise team your primary focus will be leading a team of professionals who in return are responsible for designing global standards, proposing (effective) improvements, for using their and your expertise to advice on risk mitigation measures and for supporting their technical and operational implementation. Also:
- You are responsible for the development of a clear vision and strategy for the realisation of the ambitions of your team (approx. 30 FTE).
- As part of the MT of Innovation & Design, you collaborate closely and support your fellow MT members.
- You provide coaching and show leadership to specialists with their own focus. You lead based on data, facts and output and you motivate and inspire others.
- You set clear goals and communicate transparently to get your message across unambiguously.
We are looking for a senior professional that will be the driving force in the team and provide the right vision and focus.
- You have a university (doctorate or master) degree in the field of economics, management, law, accountancy, business administration or related degree.
- Preferably you have 15 years of experience in financial services, accountancy or consultancy of which at least 8 years of experience as a manager in a Management team.
- Preferably you have experience with regulatory programs and executing complex change initiatives.
- Preferably you have extensive knowledge in Dutch AML/ CFT & Sanctions regulations (e.g., WWFT), EU anti-financial crime regulations (e.g., PSD2, AMLD5, DAC6, EBA Guidelines), supranational standards against money laundering and terrorism financing (e.g., FATF Recommendations).
- You can act as a coach for the team as well as for everyone individually to stimulate personal development.
- You are excellent in creating buy-ins for your ideas with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- You are decisive and you dare to make (well-considered) decisions.
An opportunity to lead a highly visible team within the bank where you can make visible impact. In addition you will receive:
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits;
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass
- A solid pension plan
If you are interested, please apply online. We are looking forward to meeting you! For more information, please contact Daniël Meel (Head of Innovation & Design) or Dereen Harki (Talent Acquisition Specialist) via firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Here