As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
As the designated Head of AML (PCF-52 – Head of Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing), you will have responsibility for the regulatory compliance of Kraken with all applicable requirements under Irish and European law. You will serve a lead role in a cross-functional team that ensures Kraken remains at all times in good regulatory standing in Ireland & Europe.
The ideal candidate should have experience working in a fintech or exchange trading environment, with a deep understanding of requirements applicable to Kraken’s activity under the Payment Services Regulations, Electronic Money Regulations, and AML/CTF regulations relevant to crypto asset activities in Ireland & Europe.
- Act as a day-to-day contact for regulatory compliance matters for relevant Irish operations
- Be responsible for the ongoing compliance of the firm with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Kraken’s Irish Executive Leadership to ensure operational compliance requirements across the region are implemented
- Provide compliance expertise to Kraken’s Irish Executive Leadership in relation to operational risks (including technology security risk, operational resilience and business continuity), conduct risks and prudential risks in order to build an effective compliance risk monitoring programme
- Monitor internal and external business, regulatory and technology environments to identify new or emerging compliance risks and verify remediation of issues as applicable
- Be responsible for the oversight or, in some instances, the submission of any relevant compliance regulatory reports, STRs/SARs, and other filings to be submitted to relevant regulatory authorities
- Develop and oversee the Compliance Monitoring Programme, and maintain compliance policies and procedures
- Assess and oversee the implementation of new regulatory compliance requirements as they arise, assist with regulatory horizon scanning, and advise executive management accordingly
- Coordinate and liaise with Kraken Global Compliance to ensure alignment between global, regional and local compliance policies, procedures, and operations
- Support regional product development by advising on the compliance impact and requirements associated with localised product launches
- Support regional marketing and brand development efforts by advising on the compliance impact and requirements associated with business and brand development, and advertising under applicable Irish regulations
- Build and manage a local compliance operations function as required to support operations under future regulatory registrations or licenses
- 8+ years in a previous regulatory or compliance position at a fintech or financial firm, or regulatory institution
- Eligibility to be accepted for any necessary approvals under the CBI ‘Pre-Approved Controlled Functions’ regime for the relevant Irish entities in scope, as applicable
- Previous experience in filing regulatory reports and providing compliance oversight and be familiar with the process of on-site and thematic inspections conducted by CA’s ( i.e. CBI)
- Familiar with anti-money laundering legislation, obligations and in particular 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directives
- Experience developing policies and procedures that ensure hyper-growth innovation is advanced compliantly
Nice To Have
- Advanced professional certifications such as “CAMS”, “CFE”
- Demonstrable prior experience in relation to the regulation of crypto asset services in Ireland
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Irish/European crypto asset regulatory environment and any upstream regulations emerging from Europe in this regard including developments, and relevant registration and licensing requirements for crypto and adjacent financial services
Location Tagging: #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.Apply Here