Job Description & Summary
Reinvent your career at PwC Ireland.
PwC is a diverse organisation and one of the largest employers in the world.
• Are you a high-reaching, innovative, forward thinking, hard worker seeking continued growth and progression?
• Are you looking for a new challenge and keen to support teams delivering exciting projects with the most successful Irish and international organisations?
• Are you dedicated to delivering high-quality outcomes?
If so, PwC can help you match your professional aspirations. We are currently seeking to recruit an expert Manager for the PwC Financial Services Risk and Regulatory Team within the Advisory Consulting Practice.
Job Description & Summary:
You will get to work with like-minded, hard-working individuals. Our multi-disciplinary teams are structured to best meet our clients’ requirements, with appropriate skills, expertise and levels ranging from in-depth technical knowledge through to hands-on practical experience.
We seek to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and demeanor into their organisations. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so our clients can use risk management in identifying new opportunities and pursuing success as efficiently, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition.
Our Financial Services (‘FS’) Consulting team is a team of 100 professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experience across the insurance, banking, regulation and asset & wealth management sectors. We have a range of skills, spanning strategic, operational and specialist regulatory experience to solve sophisticated problems. This team is part of the wider Consulting team of 450 people, who work in PwC Ireland’s Advisory Line of Service.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an inner drive to deliver the best outcomes, will collaborate effectively within our team and use their experience and skills to provide outstanding services to our clients. The scale of potential growth within the FS sector in Ireland due to macroeconomic events presents a significant opportunity for trusted advisers that partner with their clients to proactively respond to the challenges ahead; we are looking for impactful candidates that can help our FS team to be the trusted advisor of choice amongst clients.
Our clients include well-known local and global financial institutions, who have engaged our team to help with:
- Large scale transformation programmes, including Managed Change programmes
- Operating model redesign, operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Location strategy, including outsourcing operations and oversight arrangements
- Transaction implementation and off-boarding support
- Becoming Fit-for-Growth, through the alignment of corporate strategy with improvement initiatives (e.g. cost optimisation)
- Design and enhancement of corporate customer journeys
- Corporate lending risk management and regulatory programmes
- On-boarding new books of business
- Technological optimisation and enhancements
- Digital technologies and disruption, artificial intelligence and robotics
Our Commitment to you:
You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered, and purposeful.
- We help you build a tailor-made career to suit you as an individual, with targeted on- and off-the-job coaching and training to help you grow on a personal and professional level
- We support you in your personal growth through attractive career opportunities, stretch assignments, as well as through interdisciplinary collaboration within our company
- You’ll work with the best teams to make valuable contributions for our clients on challenging national and international projects
- We count on you to contribute to building and developing a world-class consulting team dedicated to the success of both national and multinational organisations
- We enable you to develop an international professional network, tap into our global network of 225,000 specialists, more than 2,500 colleagues in Ireland
Essential skills required:
- Knowledge of corporate banking including product and service offerings
- Have the desire to work as part of strong team, in challenging environment
- Have strong organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills, can multi-task and demonstrate flexible thinking
- Are good with people, develop supportive relationships and can work in a team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills including report drafting and delivering presentations
- Can prioritise your work and lead stakeholder expectations – both internally and client work
- Have a positive and bold demeanour, with the ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a critical and analytical mindset and combine technical expertise with a drive for business development.
Education / professional qualifications:
- 3rd level degree, grade achieved at least 2.1.
- MBA or further studies desirable
- Recognised project management qualifications desirable
- Minimum 5-6 years’ industry or consulting experience including experience in a Corporate Banking environment
- Leading/coaching a team
- Working on project teams desirable
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills with a highly agile approach to work
- Experience of working in and / or with financial service organisations
- A strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Strong analytical and report-writing skills
- An ability to build strong networks, both externally and within the firm
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Our FS Consulting Team recognise the importance of individual and team development and support this through on the job coaching, peer learning as well as formal training programmes at all grades. In a dynamic sector such as FS, we also engage globally and locally in strategic internal practice development initiatives, to ensure we remain current and familiar with relevant industry trends and issues.
At PwC, we celebrate talents from all backgrounds and welcome applications from people who identify as disabled, neurodivergent, or who live with other long-term conditions. We want our candidates to have every opportunity to thrive in our recruitment process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Therefore, we welcome the opportunity to discuss with candidates any barriers we can remove, or adjustments we can make to appropriately adapt our process fairly and support them to perform at their best. Please contact us to request any accommodations.
Create your future with us.
The world of work has changed and we are changing with it! At PwC, we believe that challenges are better solved together. A career with us means joining a purpose led and diverse, global community where you will do meaningful work with our amazing clients.
Our culture is unique and what sets us apart. Our people really are at the very heart of our business. So, when you join us, you will be empowered to work flexibly in a way that works for you, your clients and the teams around you, supporting your wellbeing.
We work tirelessly so that you can unlock your full potential and give you everything you need to take your career where you want it to go. We appreciate what you bring to our culture, our team and our clients and we recognise and celebrate you for it.
Our tech-powered and global capabilities come together so that you can make an impact not only to clients and our teams but on the world around us too. Find out more about Life@PwC.
Of course, we also offer all the perks you would expect from a leading employer for every stage of your journey with us.
From everyday flexibility to working from abroad, learning and development or reward and recognition. We have best in class inclusive and family friendly perks and policies that meet you where you are- in your life and in your career. Check out a sample of them here
PwC is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we believe passionately in employing a diverse workforce so much that we have signed up for the Business in the Community Elevate Pledge.
We recognise that confidence and the imposter syndrome can sometimes hold you back from applying for your dream job. Whatever your path is or however you identify, please don’t hesitate to apply – we would love to hear from you!
You can learn more about how we are driving a culture of belonging at PwC, and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more, by visiting www.pwc.ie
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodationApply Here