Location: London, Swindon (other locations and home working will also be considered)
As our UK Financial Crime Manager, you will provide expert-level financial crime knowledge and investigation capability, alongside team management and leadership skills. The role will require someone who has outstanding communication skills and the desire to work across Zurich’s UK business and at all levels.
The role will ideally suit individuals with excellent financial crime knowledge, and a proven ability to apply and communicate complex requirements in a practical and business-sensitive way. The role will require outstanding analytical and investigative skills, coupled with the ability to distil and communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences, both in writing and orally.
You will lead the 2nd line Financial Crime Investigations and Advice Team, managing the team to support Zurich’s UK businesses to navigate all types of FC risk through expert investigations, advice, and guidance.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full-time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren’t available full-time.
What are we looking for?
- An excellent understanding of global sanctions regulation as well as wider UK financial crime laws, regulations and supporting guidance, with experience applying them across a variety of product types, ideally including life and general insurance, particularly in the London Market.
- Experience in managing diverse teams, able to prioritise and react to challenging circumstances without compromising on your leadership values
- Experience in managing and maintaining a financial crime risk management framework in a complex environment, to support the business to mitigate the financial crime risks faced and meet regulatory and legal expectations
- Desire to think creatively and use innovation processes to deliver new solutions, encouraging learning from failure and celebrating success
- Ability to communicate complex topics in simple and audience-sensitive ways, both verbally and in writing
- Strong stakeholder management and partnering skills demonstrated across leadership levels and all lines of defence
- Ability to work both independently and in cross-functional teams in completing assigned duties to sometimes tight deadlines, managing priorities and escalating effectively
- You will have effective motivation, conflict resolution, presentation, and project management skills
- You will have a commitment to excellence and continuously develop your own skills, passionately share your knowledge with others, seeking cross-functional improvement with a desire to improve, enhance and grow.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in financial crime roles within an FCA / PRA-regulated financial services firm or regulator
- In-depth advisory and consultative skills, with relevant education and qualifications such as – ICA Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML Diploma or Advanced Certificate or similar
What will you get in return?
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- Industry-leading defined contribution pension scheme where employer contributions are 12 % of the base salary
- Car allowance of £5,772
- London Allowance £3,200
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Annual company bonuses
- Full private medical cover
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Discounted gym membership,
- Free flu jab
- Discounted gadget insurance
At Zurich, we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in many ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element of working from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers, and employees. If you’re interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives, and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We, therefore, look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address our employees’ career development needs and plans to ensure their future success.
At Zurich, we are proud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We want you to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers, and we want our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of protected characteristics.
With the above in mind, we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background, beliefs, or culture however we especially welcome applications from women, people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who are LGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committed to continuous improvement and offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, and Love what you do. Work for us.Apply Here