Deutsche Bank benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping Deutsche Bank’s business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the Bank and society.
Our regional/global matrix structure allows for flexible responses to challenges in the core areas of: Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, Investigations & Intelligence, Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment. Our AFC Team will provide you with opportunities to learn, grow and define your career.
We foster an open, diverse, and inclusive team culture, that is engaged and well-supported for prosperity and enjoyment of a life/work balance.
What We Offer You
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift and volunteer programs
What You’ll Do
- Conduct Investigations and Intelligence Reviews as a FCIU America’s team member, including performing research on a wide range of Intelligence resources, performing data analysis or other analytical tasks, and documenting the work performed in reports, memos and SARs
- Perform thorough investigations triggered by law enforcement inquires, referrals from global and domestic projects and relevant supplemental suspicious activity reports (SAR) reviews
- Contribute to the further development (and subsequent implementation) of the FCIU target operating model and mandate and provide updates on a variety of matters to senior management of FCIU and wider AFC, as well as various FCIU-led forums
- Establish productive relations with stakeholders both internally (e.g., Businesses, Infrastructure Functions) and externally (e.g., legal advisors, consultants, law enforcement, regulators)
- Support FCIUs Intelligence & Investigations Framework through identification of emerging threats and risks related to financial crime
Skills You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree and formal qualifications in Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Intelligence or Financial Crime Investigations; CAMS certification is a plus
- Moderate of AML investigations experience, preferably in correspondent banking investigations; a solid understanding of financial crime threat intelligence and how it relates to the organisation
- Intermediate to advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, an excellent grasp of analytical tools and techniques, and the ability to use a variety of systems and intelligence sources (e.g., Actimise)
- Strong communications skills, necessary to convey complex issues accurately and concisely in both written and verbal formats to various levels of audience; a consistent track record of producing high quality, well researched and easily digestible written products (e.g., Investigation Reports, SARs)
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- An effective decision maker with strong problem-solving skills
- An excellent writer with good judgement, analytical, and research skills
- Meticulous with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Able to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and succinct manner
It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in New York City is $85,000 to $140,000. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of renumeration
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank’s California Privacy Notice, please email HR.Direct@DB.com .
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: “EEO is the Law poster” and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .Apply Here