Role Title: Financial Crime Advisory Analyst
Location: Hybrid / Central Park
Summary Of Role
Our purpose in the Financial Crime team is to protect our Customers, Community and AIB Group through excellence in the prevention and detection of Financial Crime.
The team is part of the first line of defence against financial crime and our primary focus is to support business areas in managing their financial crime risks and obligations in line with AIB Policy and Standards.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing practical support and advice on financial crime related issues, to the first line business areas, through the AML Advisory mailbox
- Supporting the implementation of changes to procedures resulting from gap analysis, risk assessment, audit/assurance testing, regulatory change and other out of course events
- Working with business units, strategic projects and working groups on financial crime issues, so that they can fulfil their obligations and manage risk appropriately
- Reviewing procedures and controls to ensure that they align with the Bank’s most up to date financial crime policy and standards
- Engaging with multiple stakeholders to obtain feedback, input and agreement on the development of solutions to financial crime issues
- Organising, meetings, working groups and engagements to ensure that change is delivered with the appropriate governance applied
- Reviewing customers, their activities and business operations to ensure that they are operating and being managed as expected, to an appropriate standard and in line with the banks risk appetite.
AIB Brand Values
It is a given that the role holder will be a strong role model of the AIB Values: Drive Progress, Show Respect, Be One Team, Own the Outcome and Eliminate Complexity.
Please note that the following criteria should form the basis of your answers on the application form
- Able to collaborate successfully with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime risk
- Demonstrates attention to detail with complementary analysis and communication skills
- Ability to engage directly with internal/external customers and deliver quality service
- Organised and able to manage the delivery of multiple actions within agreed timelines
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information, the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on email@example.com.
By when? Closing date is February 3rd 2023Apply Here