Ethics and Independence – Auditor Independence: Assistant Manager/ManagerWe are Grant Thornton.
We go beyond business as usual, so you can too.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,500 people in 10 offices across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and Bermuda, with a presence in over 130 countries around the world, and a global network of over 62,000 peopleAt GT, we work as trusted advisors, bringing local knowledge and national expertise, with a global presence, to help businesses succeed – wherever they are located. We make business more personal by investing in building relationships and empowering our clients to make the right decisions for their organisation now and for the future.
Whether that is working with the public sector to build thriving communities, with regulators and financial institutions to build trust, or with a diverse range of businesses to help them achieve their goals, Grant Thornton Ireland work hard to support clients to act on the issues that matter.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking, collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
Due to continued growth, the Ethics and Independence team in Grant Thornton are looking for a team member in the area of auditor independence management. The team member will play a critical role in ensuring that Grant Thornton Ireland maintains auditor independence, avoids conflicts and complies with international and local regulations regarding ethics and independence.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining registers for the purposes of reporting to regulators on certain clients with heightened public interest such as EU PIE, UK PIE or PCAOB audit clients
- Maintaining other restricted lists as required
- Monitoring compliance with auditor independence rules (non-audit services, fee levels and types, firm and personnel rotation, breach reporting etc.) and reporting on related controls
- Developing guidance on auditor independence rules and presenting that guidance to the firm
- Assisting and liaising with the business on auditor independence queries
- Reviewing and applying firm policy and the independence rules to any conflicts noted, escalating to senior personnel when required
Required skills and attributes include:
- Preferably an audit/assurance background with knowledge of quality and risk management within audit firms in particular conflict resolution and independence
- Preferably technical skills including proficiency in IAASA, FRC, IESBA, PCAOB and SEC ethics and auditor independence rules and EU audit reform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Productivity Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, and SharePoint)
- Experience using other tools such as Power BI, desired
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Responsive to questions and feedback
- Sets standards for excellence
- Ensures high quality
- Takes responsibility
- Encourages others to take responsibility
- Persists in efforts
- Continuously reassesses and prioritises
- Escalates and engages when necessary
- Follows policies and procedures
- Ensures high-quality output
- Takes action
Life at GTReward and benefits:Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
Recognition:We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.Apply Here