Serves as a compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm’s risk appetite and protects the franchise.
In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Analyzing complex comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements and to ensure compliance risks are appropriately identified and addressed.
- Investigating and responding to compliance risk issues. Investigating regulatory inquiries, preparing required documentation, making recommendations to senior management on how to proceed, and preparing responses for the regulatory inquiries.
- Overseeing the monitoring of adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and relevant procedures and preparation, editing, and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
- Interacting and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organisation
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organisation
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organisational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree a plus
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.Apply Here