American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization.
Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions.
These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
Be responsible for compliance for the AIG Europe S.A. Netherlands branch including but not limited to:
- Participate in the governance bodies as and when required and prepare the necessary reports and presentations
- Advise on financial crime matters, especially sanctions, working jointly with the Financial Crime Group for their timely resolution. Ensure appropriate reporting to the local competent authorities as and when required
- Arrange and deliver tailored compliance training to the local operation
- Conduct the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Review for the AIG Europe S.A. Netherlands branch
- Advise management and the business on matters related to the specific list of Compliance risks and related applicable rules and regulations
- In the context of the Dutch self-regulatory regime, co-ordinate the annual self-assessment exercises and relevant external audits
- Escalate compliance issues and potential violations of compliance policies and procedures, laws, regulations and standards of good business to Group Compliance as appropriate
- Provide support to the Compliance Testing team during local testing exercises, support the business in the preparation and execution of a local monitoring plan where that is deemed necessary or required by local laws and regulations
- Co-ordinate the handling of data privacy incidents in collaboration with the Global Data Privacy team
Support the work of EMEA Compliance, especially in relation to
- periodic reporting to executive management and Group Compliance,
- execution of Global Compliance projects in collaboration with Compliance Operations
- maintenance of applicable AIG policies and procedures designed to prevent, detect and correct specific compliance risks
- support of the ongoing compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive, focusing on training tracking and advice to the business in co-operation with Legal and any other relevant functions
- liaising with Risk or / and Internal Audit for the implementation of identified actions required in the context of amelioration of internal controls
- Several years’ experience in a Compliance, Legal or Regulatory position
- Bachelor’s Degree required, LL.M. preferred
- Relevant experience and understanding of the financial services sector, preferably the property-casualty insurance industry and related regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Dutch and EU sanctions rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively and cross-functionally within a highly-matrix organisation with employee representatives, (senior) managers and employees at all levels
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritise, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
- Proven experience to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational, written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to interpret and communicate compliance guidance internally
- Fluency in English and Dutch essential. Knowledge of a third European language desirable.
What we offer
AIG offers a competitive primary and secondary benefit package based on experience and function level accompanied with other advantages like extensive training and personal development programs.
We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family and military needs.
For example, our “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 24 hours a year to volunteer in your community. Our global mental health and wellness days off provide all colleagues with a paid day off to focus on their mental health and wellbeing.
We also believe in fostering our colleagues’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for colleagues to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers.
We have a tuition reimbursement program for eligible colleagues to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability.
Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
AIG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.Apply Here