Job Description & Summary
As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Specialist part of a small dedicated internal Risk team you will have a key role in administering internal systems and processes with respect to AML for PwC Ireland.
The role involves monitoring AML within the Risk team to support the Firm.
- Have broad knowledge of the AML identification requirements of the Criminal Justice Act 2010
- Gain/have detailed knowledge of PwC’s AML policy and procedures in relation to identifying clients
- Maintain the firm’s AML database in a competent and organised way
- Produce regular new client lists from bespoke systems
- Follow up with client service teams to ensure AML identity documents are secured for all new clients
- Assist client service teams with gathering AML identity documents, as required
- Respond to AML queries from client service teams
- Check files of AML identity documents received from client service teams for adequacy
- Complete background checks on clients and beneficial owners
- Risk Assessing all new and existing clients and escalate potential risks as applicable
- Follow up with client services teams on incomplete packs of AML identity documents, until completion is achieved
- Maintain statistics (key performance indicators) relating to complete/incomplete AML identity documents for new clients, as required
- Escalate issues as and when necessary
- Deal with incoming queries and respond to queries from partners and staff.
- A recognised University degree or equivalent.
- Experience in an AML team an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer applications skills & general proficiency in IT systems.
- Capable of interacting well with partners and staff of the firm.
- Excellent planning and organising skills – essential in a busy environment.
- A commitment to delivering a high-quality service to partners and staff of the firm.
- A willingness to learn.
- Good team player.
At PwC, we celebrate talents from all backgrounds and welcome applications from people who identify as disabled, neuro-divergent, or who live with other long-term conditions. We want our candidates to have every opportunity to thrive in our recruitment process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Therefore, we welcome the opportunity to discuss with candidates any barriers we can remove, or adjustments we can make to appropriately adapt our process fairly and support them to perform at their best. Please contact us to request any accommodations.
Why you’ll love working for PwC (Benefits)
We want you to love every minute of your career. But we get it: each stage of life comes with a new set of priorities and demands. Therefore we support you with a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. There’s something for everyone. Here’s just a flavor:
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Paid overtime up to Manager grade
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Subsidised healthcare insurance
- Wedding leave and gratuity, paid maternity leave, new parent leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- “Everyday flexibility”: Supporting you with where, when and how you work for your wellbeing and enabling you to to be productive and balance your working and personal life
- “Hybrid working”: A blended arrangement where you can blend working from home, at the PwC office or client site depending on business, client and team needs
- “Flexible Friday”: A 3pm finish on Fridays through the Summer and ahead of bank holidays
- On-site gym and shower facilities, fitness classes and wellbeing services
- On-site restaurant, shop, dry cleaning service and phenomenal coffee, treats and eats in our newly refurbished food market Plant & Bean
- Commitment to digital transformation. All our employees attend our Digital Academy Training
- A dedicated team of Learning and Development professionals who work to deliver an evolving training framework. It’s our goal to continuously develop our employees’ technical and professional skills
- Training is centred around the “PwC Professional” our global leadership framework. It focuses on developing your core skills to become an authentic and inclusive leader for all levels
- You’ll be paired with mentors to help you develop your skills, diversify your experience and support you in achieving your career goals
- We’ve over 3,000 people working in PwC Ireland, and we hire over 300 graduates every year along with 300+ experienced hires so there is always lots going on with different societies and social events and you can get involved in as many or as little as you want.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is really meaningful to us also and last year we were certified by the Business Working Responsibly Mark. The Mark assesses outstanding CSR and sustainability and looks at leadership, policies, practices, performance, and impact in areas such as; employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, innovation, environmental practices, supply chain management and engagement with the local community, and we are one of only 29 companies in Ireland to achieve this.
- Creating a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve is hugely important to us and last year we signed up to Elevate – the Inclusive Workplace Pledge.
- By signing up to this Pledge, PwC have committed to building and supporting a workplace that is equal and representative of all members of Irish society. We are only 1 of 50 companies in Ireland who have signed up.
- Be Well, Work Well is our name for everything we do to help our people stay well and the support we provide when they need it; helping you perform at your best, at work, at home and everywhere in between. We know that there are many aspects to wellbeing, and so we’re constantly expanding our approach and offerings to our people.
PwC is an equal opportunities employer. All appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance and ability. We are committed to the continued development of the personal and business skills of our employees, and you will be treated in a fair and unbiased way and given every encouragement to realize your potential.
Diversity & Inclusion
PwC is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We are committed to an inclusive culture where you can be yourself, and where differences are celebrated and embraced.
We promote equality and dignity in all aspects of recruitment and employment, and all appointments and promotions are made on the basis of performance, competence and ability. We are dedicated to your personal and professional growth, and you will be given every encouragement at all stages of your career to realize your full potential. This ethos is embedded at every level of our business.
You can learn more by accessing pwc.ie/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion.html about how we are driving a culture of belonging at PwC and explore our range of inclusive programmes, initiatives, employee resource groups and more.
We recognise that confidence can sometimes get in your way of applying for a job. So, whatever your path here or however you identify, please don’t hesitate to apply – we would love to hear from you!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Apply Here