Job Title Remote – AFC AML – Model Remediation
Corporate Title Associate
Location Remote work opportunity for candidates living in: AR, AZ, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, ORE, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, UT, VT, WV, and WY
Deutsche Bank benefits from having a highly experienced and dedicated Anti Financial Crime (AFC) function, which performs a crucial role in keeping Deutsche Bank’s business operations and global financial services clean from financial crime while serving the interests of the Bank and society. Our regional/global matrix structure allows for flexible responses to challenges in the core areas of: Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption, Investigations & Intelligence, Monitoring & Screening, and Risk Assessment.
Our AFC Team will provide you with opportunities to learn, grow and define your career. We foster an open, diverse, and inclusive team culture, that is engaged and well-supported for prosperity and enjoyment of a life/work balance.
What We Offer You
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits
- Educational resources, matching gift, and volunteer programs
What You’ll Do
- Query, design and analyze and manipulate transactional line of business data involving Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Transaction Monitoring Scenarios, KPIs, Metrics and Statistics Collaborate with AFC Modelling team on Tuning & Optimization exercises
- Quant Analytics, design, modify and improve, execute quant statistical and analytical methods to ensure a proper assessment of model metrics. Assist and ensure a proper interpretation of such methods and metrics
- Review and work proactively to address open AML Transaction Monitoring (TM) findings from Model Validation, Audit, and other independent bodies in a timely fashion
- Play key role in strengthening model governance and the foundational TM assessment called Ongoing Performance Monitoring and its Key Performance Indicators, which need to be conducted quarterly
- Play key role in assisting to automate model performance assessments and semi automation of model component reporting (LaText )
Skills You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information System (MIS), Information Management, or Statistics preferred
- Moderate experience in Financial Crime space with expertise in the remediation of Model Validation findings, or regulatory related findings; Model Risk Quantification, model parametrization, model assumptions and limitation assessments, model implementation, model quant-based sampling methodologies; working with very large dataset over multiple time frames
- Proficient in financial crime compliance covering multiple product lines such as correspondent banking, wealth management, brokerage, trade, and asset management; Knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures, and control arrangements in a complex financial organization; Knowledge of AML transaction monitoring systems, preferably Mantas, Actimize or Prime – experience with TM system Tuning & Optimization (ATL/BTL) analysis a plus
- Strong knowledge of building, modifying complex queries (HIVE, IMPALA, MSSQL, Oracle) and Python based analytics and data manipulations, including usage of packages for Machine Learning and LaTex (report writing), Extensive experience with AML transaction monitoring data and data analysis
- Direct or indirect experience in Big Data and/or Data Science; Strong experience in analyzing data from multiple sources, including hands-on experience with Data Quality and Remediation tasks, and demonstrated experience with Oracle, Structured Query Language (SQL), SharePoint, Jira
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- A strong team player and goal oriented with a positive outlook
- Flexible and able to adapt to urgent deliverable timelines
- Able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written, analytical, judgment, and research skills
- Meticulous, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Able to interpret complex requirements and work proactively with stakeholders in different organizational units
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in New York is $75,000 to $110, 000 and Jacksonville is $60,000 to $90,000 . Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of remuneration.
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds, and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank’s California Privacy Notice, please email HR.Direct@DB.com .
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: “EEO is the Law poster” and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .Apply Here