By ALISHA HOULIHAN for AML Intelligence
RALUCA Prună, Head of the Financial Crime Unit at the European Commission will speak at ‘European Anti-Financial Crime Summit 2024’, it was announced today.
One of the top minds in AML and Anti-Financial Crime in Europe, she will be speaking at #EAFCS2024 in Dublin on May 16 next.
Raluca works at the Commission’s DG FISMA, the financial services directorate, which has been shaping the EU’s new AML laws and paving the new way for the bloc’s new AML Authority (AMLA).
She will speak on what the new Single Rule Book, direct supervision and AMLA mean for banks, fintech, CASPs, gaming and FIUs – as well as the opportunities in Public Private Partnerships.
She joins a stellar line-up of speakers from across the EU, UK and US. The summit will discuss the most topical issues facing Chief Compliance Officers, MLROs, FCC and AFC teams in FSIs and Gaming.
The four main Plenary sessions at #EAFCS2024 will discuss:
- The Effect of Europe’s new AML regulations and the Impact of AMLA
- Understanding the Role of AI & Machine Learning in Detecting FinCrime; the Impact on Data Privacy
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Fighting Financial Crime
- Sanctions – Staying Ahead and Best Practice
Delegates are drawn from across the globe and include leading Chief Compliance Officers, MLROs and Sanctions teams in FSI, Banking, Fintech, Technology, Regulators and international Law Enforcement.
There is still an opportunity to avail of the Early Bird ticket price. The Registration process is here: The European Anti Financial Crime Summit 2024.
Among our early announcement speakers are:
- Paschal Donohoe, Eurogroup President.
- Jim Lee, Chief, IRS Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI), US Internal Revenue Service.
- Dr. Marcus Pleyer, Deputy Director General, German Federal Ministry of Finance & Former FATF President.
- Seána Cunningham, Director of Enforcement and Anti-Money Laundering, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Aamir Hanif, Regional Vice President, AML Compliance for EU / CIS / Africa for Western Union.
- Aaron Elliot-Gross, Partner and Group Head of Financial Crime and Fraud
- Jaap van der Molen, Managing Director, Head Detecting Financing Crime, ABN AMRO Bank.
- Suzanne Gunn, Head of Economic, Transnational, and Organised Crime Policy
Department of Justice.
- Artie McConnell, Assistant US Attorney, Eastern District of New York, Deputy Chief National Security and Cybercrime Section, DOJ.
- Lauren Kohr, PPPs Lead, IRS-Criminal Investigations.
If you represent a law enforcement or asset recovery agency entity you may also inquire about attending the invitational ‘PPPs in FinCrime and Asset Recovery’ Roundtable on May 15. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
The summit will be officially opened by Eurogroup President Paschal Donohoe, who will speak about the expectations of EU finance ministers in the AFC and AML sectors.
“We are also looking forward to hearing insights from Raluca, a former Minister of Justice in Romania, who has worked in various fields in the Commission in the fight against organized crime, financial crime, and free movement of goods,” said AML Intelligence MD James Treacy.
Share this on:
Follow us on: