By ALISHA HOULIHAN for AML Intelligence
THE EUROPEAN Anti-Financial Crime Summit 2023 has been hailed as “the event of the year” by former FATF President, Dr Marcus Pleyer.
Dr Pleyer, the Deputy DG of Germany’s finance ministry, made the comments after the attending the summit in Dublin on Thursday last.
“The event of the year – [Thursday’s] European Anti-Financial Crime Event in Dublin,” said the former FATF chief.
“A brilliant conference with wonderful speakers such as Eurogroup President Paschal Donohoe, Minister Dr. Jennifer Carroll MacNeill TD, Ilze Znotina, Brenda McVeigh, Seana Cunningham, Federica Taccogna, Guillaume Valette Valla, Claude Bocqueraz – Möhrle, Jörg Schmitt, Pat Lordan and Suzanne Gunn,” he posted on sociali media.
The Summit also received plaudits from other speakers and delegates:
- Financial crime leader at Deloitte, Caroline Costello said the EAFCS was an “incredible day of connecting with like-minded people and learning from the global experts in the lineup”.
- Managing Director at CityLearning, Margaret J. Hassett commented the day was “incredibly insightful” and added “particularly about the importance of accountability for fighting financial crime. Looking forward to next year already!”
- Managing Director at Interpath, Federica Taccogna said “I had forgotten how beautiful, energising and thrilling in-person events can be. Today’s AML Intelligence’s AFC Summit was exactly that” and added “it reminded us of the importance of debate, collaboration, even divergence of opinions.”
- Business Development Consultant, Steve Gorman said the shape of Europe’s New AML Authority with Claude Bocqueraz, Ilze Znotina, Brenda Mc Veigh and Suzanne Gunn was an “excellent and informative first session with some inspirational presenters”.
- Specialist Compliance Recruiter, Kelly-Anne Rainey said: “A great start to a jam-packed day at the EAFCS Summit. Some intriguing panel discussions and individuals on topics ranging from sanctions, AI, should AMLA be based in Dublin,” she added. She finished the remarks by enjoying catching up with colleagues at the “busting sold out day.”
- Managing Director at Regulatory Risk Partners, Jacky Mayne praised “the number of informative slots managed to fit in during the day”.