STRIPE’s Global Head of Financial Crimes Marc Fungard is to speak at the ‘European Anti-Financial Crime Summit 2023′ later this month, it was announced today.
The Summit is being held in Dublin on May 25 and is attracting the top global times in AML, AFC and Compliance.
Marc joined the fintech as Head of FinCrime earlier this year. He previously worked with HSBC and FinCEN.
The FinCrime chief manages a variety of anti-money laundering (AML) sanctions and other financial crime compliance initiatives, leading financial crimes compliance managers and teams in APAC, EMEA, LATAM and North America. The role also involves overseeing financial crimes programs in Stripe’s existing regulated businesses and the future expansion of our regulated products.
It’s also been announced that Revolut’s Head of Financial Crime and Fraud Aaron Elliott-Gross is also a speaker on the Fintech panel at the Summit.
Another new speaker revealed this week is Mark Bishop, Head of Intelligence Operations at Britain’s National Crime Agency (NCA). Mark will speak about UK sanctions on Russia in the wake of the invasion of Ukraine.
Meanwhile, Eurogroup President Paschal Donohoe is to deliver a special address at the ‘European Anti-Financial Crime Summit’ on May 25 at the RDS Convention Centre in central Dublin. Mr Donohoe – who is Ireland’s Minister for Public Expenditure – was re-elected Eurogroup President earlier this year.
The Eurogroup is the influential college of EU finance ministers from eurozone countries.
“I am looking forward to delivering the opening address at the ‘European Anti-Financial Crime Summit’ in May and also to hearing about the major issues in this whole area from the attendees and speakers,” Mr Donohoe said.
One of the headline speakers meanwhile is Dr Marcus Pleyer, former president of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and one of Europe’s leading AFC voices.
Dr Pleyer is Deputy Director General at the German Federal Ministry of Finance (Bundesfinanzministerium).
Other leading figures set to address the summer AFC summit, which is being held in-person, are:
- Michael McGrath TD, Minister for Finance, Ireland
- Dr Marcus Pleyer, Deputy DG, German Finance Ministry and former President, FATF
- Billy Kelleher, MEP
- Claude Bocqueraz, Deputy Head, Financial Crime Unit, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Karyn Kenny, Prosecutor, US Department of Justice, AML and Metaverse SME
- Seána Cunningham, Director of Enforcement and Anti-Money Laundering, Central Bank of Ireland
- Juraj Novocký, European Prosecutor, EPPO
- Tracy Mortenson, President, AML RightSource
- Kevin Kerl, EVP, AML RightSource
- Joerg Schmitt, Investigations Editor, Suddeutsche Zeitung (media group behind Paradise, Panama and Pandora Papers as well as Credit Suisse Secrets)
- Suzanne Gunn, Director of Criminal Enforcement, Corporate Enforcement Authority
- Brian McKenzie, Head of Financial Crime & MLRO, AIB Bank
Federica Taccogna, MD, Interpath
- Siobhan Ivers, Director of Global Compliance at Etsy
- Michael Kavanagh, CEO of the Compliance Institute
- Det Chief Supt Pat Lordan, Commander, Garda Economic Crime Bureau
- Assistant Commissioner (rtd) John O’Driscoll, police officer who led operation to sanction the ‘Kinahan Cartel.’
More leading speakers from banking, financial services industry, regulators and EU and UK policy are to be announced over the coming days.
The summit is to be held in the splendid surroundings of the RDS, Dublin – one of Ireland’s most prestigious convention venues.
The European AFC Summit is set to hear from global leaders on the challenges facing the sector, including:
- Data sharing
- Public Private Partnerships
- Updates on the new EU AML Authority (AMLA) and much more
“It’s a must-attend event for all AML, AFC and Compliance professionals. You get to hear from the key people in one place on one day – and of course Dublin is a great place to hold this year’s summit,” said AML Intelligence MD James Treacy.
Don’t miss out – and avail of the Early Bird Discount tickets now here: https://www.amlintelligence.com/boardroom-series/upcoming-events-2023/