Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
This position is to primarily undertake the role of UK AML Compliance Officer (C12) to support the UK AML Compliance Head and UK AML Governance and Regulations Snr Officer. It will include assisting with the managing of UK AML Compliance related matters within the UK AML Compliance team. The role will include the assessment, analysis and implementation of applicable regulatory changes and the provision of support to stakeholders across the UK. The role will further include the execution of governance and regulatory reporting. The main key objectives of the position will be to ensure compliance with all relevant UK AML Compliance laws, regulations and Corporate Policies.
The UK AML Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting with the identification, assessment and implementation of laws, rules and regulations in the UK, to protect Citi from being used to facilitate Money Laundering and Financial Crime, and to supply advice and guidance to the businesses on Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime matters across the UK. This role will be to assist the UK AML Compliance Head and UK AML Governance and Regulatory Snr Officer in the delivery of the above. The candidate for this role should have a well-rounded understanding of the components of an AML program including know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Identification Programs (CIP), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), and have a good understanding of, and ability to manage, further investigations on clients and client relationships when necessary. The candidate should have an excellent knowledge of the UK Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing laws and regulations, as well as the ability to recognize and investigate higher risk factors.
- Assist to develop and maintain an awareness of all applicable UK AML laws, regulations and corporate policies, with a focus on UK regulatory changes.
- Have a general knowledge of Money Laundering laws globally. Help to identify and analyse the impact of new laws and regulations that may affect the UK.
- Help to disseminate any new group and local AML requirements and assist the business to implement these through training and ‘advisory’.
- Assist the UK AML Compliance Head to ensure that the steps necessary for an effective Anti-Money Laundering program are in place for the UK.
- Help conduct applicable ad hoc Anti-Money Laundering training when identified and required.
- Help as required with the interaction and/or the preparation of information for interactions with applicable Regulators.
- Assist with any AML Investigations, where applicable.
- Assist the UK AML Compliance Head with AML compliance coverage issues for all applicable legal vehicles
- Update and maintain policies, procedures, internal systems and databases, essential for compliance with UK AML laws, rules and regulations.
- Prepare applicable MIS AML Compliance and business forums as advised by the UK AML Compliance Head and UK AML Governance and Regulatory Snr Officer.
- Assist with the update of AML policies and procedures when required, as well as the associated training.
- Assist with the implementation of new or enhance existing AML processes and controls within UK AML as applicable
- Assist with other ad-hoc tasks required by the UK AML Compliance Head
- Participate in applicable AML Governance forums and Committee meetings. Help undertake thematic review work and composition of reports to senior compliance / senior management as requested
- Help with the review of applicable audit findings and the evaluation of the business’s corrective action plans to deal with such.
- Identify, vet and address potential risks or escalated issues with the assistance of functional partners and key stakeholders
- Utilise information from regulatory changes, new regulations, and internal policy changes to further identify new key risk areas
- Analyse comparative data, prepare and present reports related to AML risk assessments, and monitor AML related issues and escalations
- Develop approaches/action plans to compliance and control issues by weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations
- Create and develop AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) standards and policies
- Advise and recommend a plan of action for management based on analysis of risk information
- Assist in coaching and training new recruits
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Strong Knowledge of UK AML laws and regulations.
- Experience in a medium to large sized Bank, Regulator, or Policy making body.
- Preferable to have had some prior experience working in a Financial Institution with knowledge of products and services.
- Have a good understanding of AML risk, including higher risk, geographies, industries and products.
- Strong communication skills, including both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate confidently and clearly with seniors and management.
- The ability to work well under pressure as well as an ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and appropriate organisational skills
- Practical ability to apply and communicate legal and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent judgment and assessment skills. Proactively utilising personal curiosity to identify and research issues using a balanced risk-based approach.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with peers and colleagues within the wider AML team
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements applicable to banks
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or proven experience
What We Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.Apply Here