About the job
Would you like the opportunity to be involved in the analysis, design and build out of a new function within the bank’s Financial Crime Compliance Department? Do you want to play a key role in a strategically important area of the bank?
We are looking for a colleague to take on an exciting and challenging role in our Financial Crime Compliance Regulatory Deliverables team at Danske Bank.
Join a professional, dynamic and fast-paced environment
In our FCC Regulatory Deliverables team, we manage all Financial Crime related regulatory interactions across Danske Bank Group. We work in an international environment together with our colleagues in all business units across all countries where the bank operates.
You will be part of a team of Financial Crime and project management experts overseeing strategically important areas of our Second Line of Defence Financial Crime Compliance function. Working from your home in one of the Nordic countries or our offices in Høje Taastrup you will become part of our growing Financial Crime Compliance organisation. Together we share a mutual goal: To ensure integrity through a fair treatment of our customers and to live up to Danske Bank’s responsibility in society to fight Financial Crime.
The role we offer
The FCC Regulatory Deliverables team is a specialist team tasked with overseeing and managing all of the Group’s Financial Crime related regulatory interactions. Interactions cut across multiple areas of Financial Crime and/or the First Line of Defence and involve responding to regulatory requests, overseeing regulatory inspections – sometimes multiple at the same time – and providing frequent reporting to all levels of senior management. We provide support and expertise for both Financial Crime related matters (in liaison with the relevant Compliance Advisory Teams) as well as project management related matters (in liaison with the relevant Business Units and our First Line Financial Crime organisation) and act as single-point-of-contact for any Financial Crime related regulatory interactions for our Group Regulatory Affairs and Group Internal Audit teams.
The role we offer is a Regulatory Deliverables Managing Compliance Officer and it will report directly into the Head of FCC Regulatory Deliverables.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will include but may not be limited to:
Overseeing regulatory interactions
- Taking a leading role in maintaining comprehensive oversight over all FCC-related regulatory interactions that Danske Bank has with its supervisory authorities
- Supporting the preparation, execution and follow-up of regulatory inspections by any of our supervisory authorities with oversight of Danske Bank – over nine countries
- Attending sessions with the relevant regulators throughout the course of their reviews and ensuring any follow-ups are handled timely and professionally
- Supporting both our First and Second Line of Defence Financial Crime teams by providing check and challenge and quality reviews on any regulatory deliverables, such as letters, presentations, milestone plans or closure evidence for actions we committed to complete
Coordinating regulatory commitments
- Managing the current portfolio of regulatory deliverables through to completion
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the status of all regulatory commitments, ensuring consistency in approach across the Group
- Providing relevant briefings and regular reporting to the bank’s Financial Crime senior management team
Collaborating across the bank in enhancing our framework
- Acting as single-point-of-contact for FCC-related regulatory deliverables across the Group
- Closely collaborating with our First Line Financial Crime teams, neighbouring Second Line Financial Crime Compliance as well as Regulatory Affairs, Litigation, Legal and Audit teams across multiple jurisdictions
- Take a leading role in further developing our newly developed framework for regulatory deliverables, including contributing to relevant teams’ policies and operating procedures
Experienced Professional With a Can Do Attitude
We are looking for someone who is hands-on, a self-starter, who has a logical and pragmatic view of risk management. You are able to prioritize multiple tasks without losing attention to detail. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to communicate effectively across nationalities and levels of seniority.
Previous Experience – Essential
- A minimum of 6-8 years relevant experience in the financial services industry, working in an international environment
- Practical understanding of banking products and markets, Financial Crime disciplines (at a minimum AML, KYC and Sanctions), risk management, compliance and controls frameworks
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong user of the MS Office suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) with a willingness to develop additional skills in e.g. project management tools such as Jira or reporting/ data visualization tools such as Tableau
- University degree (or relevant additional work experience and success)
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, with excellent written communication skills
Previous experience – desirable but not critical
- Experience conducing or managing regulatory examinations within a consulting agency, supervisory body or a financial institution
- Experience in designing and implementing Financial Crime transformation programmes at financial services firms
We expect you to come with a high level of professionalism and openness and bring with you a positive attitude to change and new ideas to our unit.
Would you like to come on board?
If you have any questions about the job, please contact Head of FCC Regulatory Deliverables, Anna Streuli Lippert by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, however please provide your application no later than 4 February 2022. We are looking forward to hearing from you!Apply Here