About the job
Are you a true risk champion, is challenging your second nature, are you able to create structure in chaos, are you hands on, pro-active and a team player? Do you know and understand data and how that can support decision-making? Don’t look further, because we are looking for you.
Challengers & Growth (C&G) is the international part of the retail organization covering both the Challenger and Growth markets. Working for C&G/Retail means working with the most diverse workforce and where no challenge is the same.
As part of the ORM C&G/Retail team you will be supporting the C&G/Retail countries and play an active role in making the bank more risk aware and ensure data driven decision making and reporting becomes more important and valued in our daily lives.
You can count on the opportunity to grow, both as an individual and with your team. We believe inclusive and diverse teams drive innovation, are more productive and lead to more robust decisions. Not to mention they’re more fun to work in. We collaborate and help each other to become better at what we do.
Roles and responsibilities
You May Think Of
As this is a role on C&G/Retail level, your daily activities will therefore be driven by the questions and needs from the C&G/Retail countries.
- Monitor the actual risk exposure against the risk appetite levels. If these appetite levels have been or are expected to be exceeded, the Operational Risk Management function will together with respective management employ activities to bring the risk appetite within acceptable levels;
- Monitor and build the relevant reporting / dashboard for the key risks of the business,
- Monitor and build the relevant reporting re the design and operational effectiveness of key controls (as accomplished by 1st line of defence);
- Oversee and objectively challenge any actions that may give rise to operational risk and escalate to the next higher level of Risk Management;
- Be a champion with regards to monitoring of project risk including ensuring the correct tooling and models are being developed.
- Work closely with other (non-financial) risk functions (such as Legal, Compliance and credit risk) in order to provide an integrated approach to risk management, to identify and address cross-border implications of issues and internal events, to identify significant non-financial risks and risk mitigation actions and to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Support and challenge project PTA’s at C&G/Retail level as well as at country level in the execution of risk management as an integral part of project governance in order to minimise the project delivery and project outcome risks.
- As the SPOC for the Global (critical) programs you ensure these programs are being executed at country level.
- Where needed you instruct the business to take the necessary actions needed to mitigate risks.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
We are looking for a colleague with good communication skills, affinity with data, an innovative approach to process based monitoring and entrepreneurial interest and has a desire to be part of the ORM C&G/Retail team.
- You are excited by entrepreneurship, driving the change and exploring undefined and unstructured fields.
- You are proactive, resourceful and willing to go the extra mile; you have a “yes we can” attitude.
- You have demonstrated program/project ownership, innovative in thinking with consistent and timely delivery on commitments.
- You are an independent and critical thinking individual, a problem solver who takes rules and makes them pragmatic and practical, thereby enabling the implementation of (regulatory) requirements in a fit for purpose manner.
- You have excellent organizational skills, are structured and efficient planning comes naturally.
- You have courage to break through the ‘old ways of thinking’ and take responsibility to drive change.
- You demonstrate creativity and initiative, always acting in a result orientated way and are able to drive structured & practical solutions within the wider, international group.
- You are able to translate data into information so your satkeholders can make informed decisions.
- You advice on implementing controls in automated processes and systems and you are experienced in doing this.
- You are able to convince your business partners and colleagues of the importance of becoming more data-driven and are able to illustrate the benefits of that.
Candidates with below qualifications have an advantage:
- University level degree
- Solid understanding of retail banking, as well as Risk
- Knowledge of ING business lines, products and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- PowerBi / Cognos skills are a big plus
The ING Orange code is in your blood, you are an inspiration for colleagues and have a drive to go the extra mile each day. You love working with colleagues from different cultures, understand that different cultures may require different approaches and are able to apply different communication styles in order to be effective in the different countries ING C&G/Retail is operating in as well at head office level.
Here at ING we are on our way to achieving ambitious plans and it’s our people who will help us get there. People who take it on, make it happen and are always a step ahead!
The purpose of the Risk management organization within C&G/Retail is contributing to better business while pro-actively managing associated risks.
The Risk organization contains of a broad spectrum of focus areas not only geographically but also content wise. It contains Operational Risk, Credit risk, Market risk, Compliance and Legal. All equally important but with their own specific characteristics, skills and attention points. But in today’s world – and that of tomorrow – non-financial risks such as environmental, behavioral, data and cyber risk are increasingly prominent. You can use your skills to help us identify, measure, analyse and assess the likelihood of risks. You are expected to design pragmatic and working solutions so we assist in can securing our bank’s ongoing financial stability, protect our customer data and ensure our products are safe to use.
The ORM C&G/Retail team consist of professionals covering different specialist areas. Think for instance Fraud, Sourcing, Open Pages, monitoring and KCT, RCSA. One of the core values of the team is helping each other to succeed. This means that although specialists do exists we are always there to help out if needed and are jointly responsible to reach the teams annual targets.
The beauty of working within ORM C&G/Retail is that there is the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of your work, and make great things happen.
You will be based in Amsterdam (Cedar) and will be working in close connection with the international network of experts and senior leaders in the international C&G/Retail network.
Rewards And Benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
What do we offer you, next to a lot of fun:
- An unique opportunity to work in an international business environment and to get to know C&G/Retail.
- A diverse team on C&G/Retail level and an even more diverse team on C&G/Retail country level.
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- The role is a full time role (40 hours per week). And benefits according to ING standards, which include eg:
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
- In this role you will directly report to Aico Has, Head of ORM C&G/Retail.