About the job
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto-economy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The International International Compliance – AML Investigations and Screening Analyst will be responsible for undertaking AML investigations, performing financial crime analysis and preparing SAR submissions.
The role-holder will undertake reviews of escalated alerts, prepare comprehensive investigative reports and will assist with analysis to inform responses to law enforcement agencies and regulatory enquiries.
The role-holder will report to the International Compliance Investigations and Screening Manager and will be based in the UK.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Supporting the Head of International AML in implementing and embedding the financial crime framework.
- Supporting the management of AML/CTF Policies & Procedures.
- Undertake investigations, drafting high quality reports and prepare SAR filings to relevant FIUs
- Supporting the response to regulatory enquiries.
- Assisting International MLROs with potential/existing high-risk relationships and unusual and suspicious transactions where required.
- Conducting AML/CTF training as required.
- Dealing with escalations from the First line and providing practical advice on required actions.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in financial and/or compliance related business functions.
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal. This should include excellent report-writing and drafting capabilities.
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external stakeholders and vendors.
- A professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognised professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced remote environment.
- Related bachelor’s level degree desired.
Nice To Haves
- Commitment to Diversity.
- Keen interest in digital currencies.
- Professional qualification preferred.