If, as a bank/insurer, we don’t manage our risks well, we do our customers and our employees a disservice.
We must be able to keep our promises at all times. Moreover, we want to grow in a sustainable way. Well, that’s what you contribute to as an Integrated Risk Manager. Because you expose risks and help us think about how our risk management can be continuously improved.
How do we best measure those risks?
How do we determine our risk appetite?
How do we test whether we can hold our ground under pressure?
What impact does climate change have on KBC?
How do we make our risk management more data driven?If you like to think about this, then you have something in common with us.
What do we expect from you?
- You identify the risks KBC is exposed to. Current and future risks. To do this, you keep an eye on risk signals from inside and outside our organisation. You investigate these thoroughly and then provide advice to business stakeholders.
- You measure and analyse these risks by delving into different sources of information and looking for links, for example between different types of risks.
- You present your insights clearly and manageably to colleagues and managers.
- You work very closely with colleagues from your own team and from other departments, including foreign ones.
- You make proposals as to how our risk management can be improved. You will come up with new concepts and integrate new topics into KBC’s risk management, such as the impact of climate change.
Your key strengths?
- You notice things, make connections easily and love to formulate insights. Analysing is one of your absolute strengths. Diving into complex data? Placing different topics in a broader context? You love it.
- You like to learn and to share new knowledge with colleagues.
- You communicate clearly and convincingly in English. This means you can discuss any risk topic with others, including KBC’s top management and supervisors.
- Like your colleagues, you enjoy working with others and achieving goals as a team.
- You grasp concepts, but are equally capable of implementing an idea practically. With a pragmatic approach and without losing focus under time pressure.
- To get a smooth start in the job, you already need some content knowledge. For example, through experience in a financial domain such as Finance, Treasury, Credit or Risk. Or a Master’s degree in Economics, Commercial Engineering or Civil Engineering.
What can we offer you?
- Teamwork with an international dimension! Working with so many different colleagues makes every day different and interesting.
- You choose where to work: Brussels, Ghent or Leuven. These workplaces are easily accessible by public transport. You can also work partly from home, if you want.
- We offer you an exceptional range of training and development opportunities so that you can develop your full potential. You are encouraged to keep growing as a person and professionally.
- You will receive a permanent contract with a competitive salary, including an extensive package of additional benefits.
- We value a good balance between your work and private life.