Your role and working environment
ING Group Compliance, the Treating Customers Fairly & Ethics team (TCF&E), is looking for an Ethics Expert that can support with the further enhancement of our Ethics strategy and practices.
As an Ethics Expert your first responsibility would be to deliver on the following strategic targets for the team:
Continue developing the Whistleblowing Enhancement Programme Increase awareness of and compliance with our Global Code of Conduct Develop the Compliance approach for emerging ethics areas such as Data/AI/model ethics, Accessibility, and/or Environmental and Social issues
To enable your success, you will be coordinating within the different programs and the stakeholders of the Compliance community.
Would You Like To Support Initiatives
- That is effectuating significant and positive change in a Global Role?
- Where you can make a real impact on ING’s integrity and culture ?
- That is top priority for the whole of ING including the Management Board?
- Where you can help make the bank more compliant and ethical?
Then this is your opportunity, please read on!
As a an Expert in Ethics
To give you some more detail on what you will do in practice, you can find here the activities related to the role:
- Preparing the Quarterly whistleblower Report including insights analysis and risk management and monitoring
- Helping our global employee community in onboarding to a new misconduct reporting tool
- Develop the Whistleblower Reporting Officer (WBRO) training journey
- Updating the whistleblower Policy
- Creating innovative awareness and training materials to create awareness and engagement toward misconduct reporting and speak up
- Participating in the Group Speak Up working group between Compliance, Risk Culture & Behavioural Risk (RC&BR) and HR
Code of Conduct:
- Designing ways of engaging employees on the Code of Conduct (e.g. via micro-learnings, acknowledgements, other awareness efforts)
Emerging Ethics Areas
- Depending on your past experience and interests, you can play an important part in defining TCF&E’s role in emerging risk and ethics areas of the bank.
- We are currently working together with Data Ethics, ING Analytics and the Sustainability and Human Rights teams on defining frameworks, monitoring approaches and ways of working and welcome new perspectives and innovation in finding the way forward
Your work environment
- Our Amsterdam-based Ethics team consists of two people as part of the 10 FTE strong TCF&E team. We also work closely together with and are supported by Integrated Compliance: Functional Processes, the Risk Culture & Behavioural Risk (RC&BR) department, the Risk Culture Program and Group Communications.
- We are a team of experts with knowledge in process, regulation, policy, project management, conduct, and ethics and are looking forward to welcoming a new expert into the team.
- We are in a unique position to be able to drive impactful change with Senior Management backing and offer a stimulating environment where you get to work on making ING a more trustworthy, confidential and proactive organisation.
- You are able to present complex ideas simply to multi-cultural audiences. Ability to get buy-in and convince others of your ideas is key;
- You are capable of working in a complex global and dynamic environment;
- You are an energetic, motivating person who can work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box, take accountability, and persist during push-back;
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted;
- You maintain contacts with stakeholders and external parties;
- You stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker’s Oath.
How to succeed
- 4-6 years of Compliance/Communications experience; knowledge of the Whistleblowing policy, process and legislation (EU Whistleblower Directive) or Data Protection will be seen as a big advantage
- Ideally, you have a solid experience in at least two of the following areas: content creation, public speaking, design thinking, program management, framework development
- Ability to form complex communications messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within ING. This can include different cultures, nationalities, international locations and languages.
- You have a strong understanding how to mobilise different internal and external stakeholders in coming to functional steering;
- You have a university degree or equivalent;
- You have an excellent level of English (verbal/written).
What we offer
A job from 36 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience (Job Grade 11);
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realise your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best;
- Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life.
- With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.