About the job
A leader in the payments industry, Elavon provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than one million merchants around the world. If you want to make a difference in your life, your community and your world, join us at Elavon. We know our company is only as strong as our people, and we are committed to your professional growth and success. Elavon is part of the U.S. Bank family, a diverse workplace, where we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
EFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Bancorp, a fully licensed bank in Ireland since 2006, and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. EFS has five business units across two business lines: Payment Services, and Wealth Management & Investment Services (“WM&IS”). Our innovative technology, coupled with a talented and motivated workforce allows us to deliver a superior service to our clients. We are committed to our services being of the highest quality and are continuously improving our technologies and processes, offering challenging, dynamic roles with excellent career prospects. The WM&IS business of US Bancorp in Europe includes Global Corporate Trust & Custody, Fund Services and Depositary business lines with operations in Dublin, London, Luxembourg and Guernsey. A position now exists for a Compliance Manager based in Dublin to join the International Team forming part of the bank’s second line of defence.
The EFS Compliance function sit within the Risk Management and Compliance structure and is part of the bank’s second line of defence. The role of EFS Compliance includes: (a) to provide formal assurance within the organisation and externally to regulators and other key stakeholders that EFS is compliant with applicable regulations and legislation, (b) to provide advice and guidance to the Board and Senior Management on key compliance risk issues and, (c) to act as a control and advisory function in the three lines of defence. A core tenet of this is the provision of oversight and challenge in relation to the bank’s regulated activities. This is achieved, in the main, under the EFS Compliance Program.
This business division is subject to a range of EU, UK, Irish and Guernsey regulation. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for the provision of technical expertise to business lines to manage their regulatory requirements. Also, the Compliance Manager may be the designated Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a number of regulatory areas, for example AIFMD, UCITS, MiFID and the Investment Firms Regulations.
The Compliance Manager will assist in the development and review of regulatory compliance policies and procedures; maintain a compliance risk assessment framework for the business and partake in regulatory monitoring and reporting activities. This business division is a key strategic growth area for US Bank in Europe and part of the Compliance Manager’s role will be to assist Compliance work streams in any expansionary projects that may take place. The position will interact directly with other key functions including Legal, Credit, Treasury, Finance, Risk, Fraud and Operations.
The role holder will be required to assist in the ongoing implementation and maintenance of a regulatory risk assessment framework across the entities and regular monitoring and reporting activity.
The position will interact directly with other Risk and Compliance departments in the international entities as well as business lines in key functions in those entities.
Due to the responsibilities associated with the role, adjustments to titles and internal reporting lines, in accordance with regulatory requirements may be deemed appropriate.
Principal Accountabilities Of Position
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to the First Line of Defence on the application of EU, Irish, UK and Luxembourg regulation, serving as the primary lead for individual business units.
- Act as Regulatory Specialist for relevant regulatory change management matters. This will include process change and new product reviews through established internal processes such as Product Risk Management.
- Provide leadership of the Compliance Program within the business line through promotion, guidance, assurance, oversight and challenge;
- Accountable for the execution of activities under the compliance program, including risk assessments, product reviews, regulatory change implementation, marketing material sign-off, training, monitoring and testing.
- Accountable for the development, content and implementation of one or more Policies/ Frameworks.
- To maintain a Compliance risk assessment framework for the business and ensure sufficient conduct management information is produced by business lines.
- Build strong relationships with senior business management, providing guidance, oversight, and challenge.
- Facilitate, participate and consult in the execution of the Second Line of Defence assurance and monitoring programs;
- Promote a culture of compliance in the business through active engagement with management and staff providing advice, guidance and training;
- Preparation and delivery of Compliance reports in the format and with the content as may be specified by EFS Compliance and within reporting deadlines agreed;
- Assist in group level Compliance tasks / projects e.g. queries, due diligence, reviews, as required to support the centralized teams based in Dublin.
- 6+ years’ experience in a Compliance role within Financial Services is essential, preferably within a Credit Institution, Fund Service Provider or MiFID Investment Firm;
- Excellent understanding of the funds industry, with prior experience working directly with regulators and internal/external auditors.
- Knowledge of key compliance and regulatory topics, including Deposit taking, UCITS, AIFMD, Client Assets, MiFID II and CASS;
- History of practical application of Compliance risk management practices;
- Proven track record of working on own initiative and delivering practical outcomes to a professional standard;
- Excellent project management skills with a strong emphasis on prioritisation, communication and delivery;
- Demonstrable experience of interaction and influencing at a management level;
- Experience in managing different stakeholders across first and second lines of defence;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Collaborative in approach with strong emphasis on delivery and execution;
- Third level qualification (degree or similar) in a relevant subject (e.g. law, business, finance, etc.); Masters and / or relevant professional qualifications would be an advantage; with a Diploma in Compliance (or similar) beneficial.
U.S. Bank Core Actions And Behaviours
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities; create new and better ways for the organisation to be successful;
- Help others to continuously improve and achieve results;
- Explore multiple solutions to overcome obstacles;
- Anticipate future needs that may affect the team or organisation;
- Search for ways to enhance the customer experience;
- Hold others accountable for meeting customer needs;
- Set high standards of performance for self and team;
- Help others meet commitments, goals and deadlines;
- Achieve results that have a clear, positive and direct impact on the business;
- Meet commitments and persist despite setbacks or obstacles;
- Demonstrate our core values through words and actions;
- Treat others with professionalism and respect by honouring agreements and commitments, while managing priorities;
Create a climate where people are motivated to help the organization achieve its objectives.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants .
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and diverse working environment with employees of many different nationalities. We provide benefits to help you protect your health and financial security; and give you peace of mind. We also invest in your career growth with development resources that give you the opportunity to stretch and shine.
This is an Elavon posting. Elavon is a part of the U.S. Bank family.Apply Here