The AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM) Officer is a key position in the EMEA KYC ACRM team that is responsible for overseeing and enhancing the KYC Program in EMEA. The position will help advance both the EMEA and Global KYC program goals by working with the Business, EMEA Cluster Heads and country AMLCOs and provide support to the Global KYC ACRM Head for global initiatives and projects.
- Working with the EMEA KYC Regional Team, as well as other KYC functions, to enhance the execution of the Global Know Your Customer (KYC) Program within Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Establish relationships and work closely with various KYC functions (ACRM line of Business, Policy, Design, Regional REM Hubs, Learning and Development, QC) and business stakeholders to identify and resolve KYC related issues.
- Manage KYC issues in the Region, including through the EMEA Regional KYC Subcommittee to the Global KYC Program Committee.
- Review ICCs and system issues to ensure region is implementing the appropriate control as agreed in the KYC Policy and Standards Sub-Committee.
- Assist in representing the Global KYC Program across the Region, including before Regulators, Audit, and Compliance Assurance in the Region.
- Assist in identification and escalation of AML risk related issues to regional and global management that require further investigation.
- Key advisor to country AML teams as it relates to KYC issues and requests for guidance.
- Provide KYC guidance through the KYC Guidance Tool for queries raised across the EMEA Region.
- Assist in developing KYC related training for the various KYC Operations and Advisory teams.
- Support system enhancements and other efforts to consolidate KYC systems into Citi’s primary KYC repository
- Draft new/modify existing procedures for ad-hoc tasks like manual batch screening
- 10+ years of experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in dealing with senior management
- Ability to interpret, apply, and communicate applicable KYC policies and procedures
- General understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management, and Retail Banking preferred, as well as Citi lines of business, client categories, and compliance within those business segments.
- Experience in the application of KYC/CDD/EDD requirements.
- 5+ years’ work experience in Compliance-related functions within, but not limited to, the following areas: AML Compliance Risk management Know your customer reviews/Enhanced Due Diligence for high-risk accounts.
- Must be able to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Master’s degree/ University degree or equivalent experience